Requirements of Filing a Federal Torts Claim

Requirements of Filing a Federal Torts Claim

If you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to medical malpractice in a military or VA hospital, your claim will be governed by the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA). The requirements of filing a federal torts claim differ significantly from a standard personal injury claim. At the Law Office of Jeffrey C. Anderson, our attorney has extensive experience handling FTCA cases. We can help guide you through the process as we fight to get you the maximum amount of compensation available.

We help victims of medical malpractice and their family members file suit against the federal government. Contact our medical negligence lawyer online or call 210-819-5785 for a free consultation.

Notice of Claim

Before you can proceed with a lawsuit under the FTCA, you have to file an administrative claim, known as Standard Form 95, against the negligent military hospital or medical provider. Our medical malpractice attorney has extensive experience with the successful filing of these claims. There are numerous circumstances that can complicate the filling out of this form, including:

  • Whether the injury occurred overseas
  • Whether the doctor was a government employee or an independent contractor
  • The state where the harm occurred
  • Where the claim is to be filed

Whether you or a loved one is the victim of military medical malpractice or have been harmed by VA hospital malpractice, it is important to have an experienced lawyer on your side. With over 35 years of experience, our attorney can ensure that your claim is handled appropriately so we can get to work on trying to get you full and fair compensation.

Do Not Delay

You only have two years after you discover the negligence to file a claim. After a notice of claim is filed, the agency has six months to investigate and offer an administrative settlement. If your claim is denied, you may then bring a federal torts claim against the government. Our lawyer at the Law Office of Jeffrey C. Anderson can help ensure that this complex procedure is followed correctly. We will work tirelessly to help get you the compensation you deserve.

Call for a Free Consultation With a San Antonio Injury Attorney

If you or a loved one has suffered because of military medical malpractice, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact our wrongful death lawyer online or call 210-819-5785 for a free consultation. We take all cases on a contingency basis and you owe us nothing unless we recover compensation for you.

Se Habla Español